Some Random Facts about MePosted: June 26, 2012
1) I’m not a cat person. Really—I’ll pet them but I never pictured myself having a pet for a cat. Now I have my little guy and couldn’t be happier. Here’s my kitty making me feel better:
2) I’m fashion impaired. Really I am-it may come from living with mostly guys and in the summer. I am getting better but my go to color is black as it goes with everything (if you tell me this isn’t true I might cry).
3) I am a horribly lazy person. Which is weird because I actually like to exercise but I’ve been known to wait in my living room for a few hours until my fiancé comes home to ask for a drink or snack. (Maybe I’m just cutting calories?)
4) I can’t draw a straight line even if I tape the ruler down to the page. I am the only unartistic person in my family too.
5) I really like to run. I don’t know why but ever since I discovered it in high school, it releases stress and helps me think.
6) I’m completely accident prone but get hurt rarely—or at least, I’ll get hurt on the stuff people wouldn’t think about. I’ve fallen down stairs and been fine. However, the day after doing that, I ended up kicking a few slabs of soda on myself and tore every single muscle in my back. Fun stuff.
7) I haven’t grown since middle school. I was going through some clothes recently and realized that I was fitting back into them and was trying to remember what time period they were from. Yup, middle school.
8) Speaking of that, I’m a horrible pack rat. I’m trying to get better at this but I tend to collect things and don’t want to get rid of it.
9) I’m extremely shy. I like my hole in the wall just fine thank you. I’ve had to force myself to be social before—a lot of people will think I’m stuck up but it’s really just crippling shyness. To get around this, I have taken public speaking courses which have helped a little.
10) I like TV but I don’t like that I have to pay for channels I don’t want. That’s why I don’t have cable. I enjoy a few shows so I usually get them through Netflix or Hulu in order to watch them.
11) I love little kids but never thought I would have my own family. I never thought I’d be married actually. Why? Not sure exactly but I’m glad it’s working out differently for me.
12) I hate receiving gifts in front of people. It’s part of that crippling shyness. I’d much rather get it in a group setting or better yet, when I’m completely alone. It’s not that I don’t think I won’t like it but it’s because I don’t know what to say.
13) I can bake and cook elaborately but “easy” meals get me all the time. If you give me a recipe that is complicated or takes a lot of time, I can usually rock it. If you tell me to cook bacon, it’ll end up burned most likely. Why? I tend to want to do things while cooking so that’s why either elaborate steps or long baking times really work out for the best.
14) I have a semi giant book collection-it is smaller than it used to be but I love to read. And it’s all random-I’ll read fiction, nonfiction, children books, etc.
15) I organize both my books and our DVDs but it’s not an order most people recognize. They’re in my genres and I can tell when they are misplaced. Bugs me fierce.
16) I dislike change. A lot. It took me a while to submit to this current job because I didn’t want to change.
17) I can’t find my way out a paper bag even with directions. I’m horrible at getting lost—I have no directional sense and get all nervous about taking new routes. Even if that route is shorter.
18) I lack social graces. It’s hard for me to understand sarcasm and subtleness. I have no idea why either. I tend to follow the not say anything unless it’s nice motto because of this.
19) I love chocolate but I am a bigger fan of fruit as my sweet snack. I was known to trade my Christmas candy for my brothers’ fruit.
20) I could eat popcorn every day. With butter or without or with salt or not. Burned is still good (within reason) and sometimes when I’m making it on the stove I’ll burn some deliberately.
There are 20 random facts about me!